Friday, July 31, 2009

*Carless* - Day 4

Not much to report on this Friday. Got a drive to work and a drive back home. I did walk down to the local corner store for the first time...it's located past my place so I usually stopped at the Irving Station on my way home. Not that I hadn't stepped foot in the Needs store down the street before...I just usually drove to it (not from home but before going home)...actually I probably was driving to the chinese restaurant where they have a lunch special until 3pm. Ummm...I also picked up lunch today....ginger beef, fried rice and an egg roll for $5.50 +tax. ;-.)

Walking back from the restaurant and store (with a root beer popsicle melting as I ate it), I realized that I never really payed attention to my neighborhood. Home was where I relaxed and slept but I didn't stick around much otherwise. Will not having a car make me become more invested in my surroundings?? We'll see. Ahh..who am I kidding...probably not.

So, tonight I am invited to a BBQ. I probably won't be going because I have yet to check the bus routes/schedules and I'm not sure how late I want to be out. Staying home with a DVD and a beer sound pretty good and I do have leftover chinese food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment