Wednesday, July 29, 2009

*Carless* - Day 2

In my haste to get outside before my friend, Tina, arrived to pick me up, I left my lunch bag on the floor beside the door. No big deal...I bought my lunch (although my packed lunch was much healthier than the sausage and fries which I ended up having). I should have taken a short lunch because I was rushed to get things done by 1 pm quitting time. If I had a car I would have stayed and gone over things a little more closely...BUT...I had to be ready for my ride home!! Alas, there were 2 glitches in my second day of being *carless*. I plan to go a month like this??

On the drive home I made of point of saying, "I must not fall asleep in the afternoon." After yesterday, I am tired but upon arrival I went straight to the storage room...dug out my 21 speed Jeep Comanche...pumped up the tires and went for a little test drive down the road.
It was HOT out and it took a while to stop dripping when I came back in. I almost fell asleep...so I ate the lunch that I had forgotten earlier (it was over 6 hours since lunch time at work!), popped in a DVD and hooked up the computer to
write this blog...and beer...I can't forget about the beer!

I had a conversation with my building's super outside earlier...she doesn't think I'll last a month without a car. Truth be told, I was rarely home...I always on the go. I've probably spent more time at home in the past month than the previous 6 months combined...this will be a challenge but I think I'm up for it. Hmmm....I must not forget to reset my alarm...I think I should leave by 3:15 am at the latest. (being early will be a plus so I can change clothes before I start work tomorrow...and catch my breath...that will be a necessity I'm sure!)


No comments:

Post a Comment