Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Goodbye Saturn...it's a new world for me!

Yesterday was a sad day for me...I returned my car after having it for a 4 year lease. It was my first *new* car...a 2005 Saturn Ion3. It had everything I wanted, 5speed manual, power windows/door locks and AIR CONDITIONING! Alas...GM no longer leases and that is why I find myself without a vehicle right now. If GM did still lease, I would have rolled into a new car lease but I will instead try to go without a car for a month. A friend and co-worker works the same shift I do and has offered to pick me up on the days we are both working (she works every second weekend so there are days that I work and she is off). On the other days...I will ride my bike. It's only about 7 kms but it is weird riding my bike that early in the morning (for those of you who don't know, I work 4 am to 1 pm). I have yet to pull my bike from storage...I'll do that tomorrow because I will need it for Thursday morning.

Dropping the car off yesterday took very little time. My friend, Tina, picked me up from the Saturn dealership and took me out for *cheer-up* sushi lunch before driving me home. It must have been a little more emotionally draining than I thought because I fell asleeep on the couch for almost 3 hours after getting home. That resulted in poor sleep last night but I managed to make coffee and toast a bagel for me and Tina who was waiting outside for me this morning at 3:45 am. Luckily I packed my gym bag and got my lunch prepared before bed last night!

After work today, Tina and I went to the gym. She left after 40 minutes of cardio. I stayed...did 20 minutes more, worked on my arms and legs a little (and I do mean a little), sat in the sauna for a bit before showering, etc. I left the gym and am enjoying a booster juice while I write this and anticipate #twushi at 7pm (a little over 2 hours from now). I have yet to check the bus schedule for return trip home but the bus will leave from the plaza that the sushi restaurant is at so that is a plus...may be a late night but #twushi (sushi with twitter friends) is worth it.

Day 1 without a car? So far so good...and my drive will be there tomorrow morning...we may even go to the gym again. I'm healthier for not having a car already!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment