Thursday, July 30, 2009

*Carless* Day 3

Ok...I am officially exhausted. It is 2:36 pm and I have been up for 12 hours. I got up and left for work around 3:10 am. There was a bit of a false start because I realized at the top of the first incline after I left my parking lot that my bluetooth earpiece had fallen off! I backtracked and found it in the parking lot. It was a dark, foggy/misty ride but I had a headlight and a tail light, so I was pretty visible to the few cars that I did encounter.

As I predicted, it took half an hour to get to work. I used the extra 20 minutes before my 4 am start to change and cool down (my face was pretty red!). By lunch (9 am) I was feeling quite energetic....yay for exercise!!

Quitting time came at 1 pm. I got my stuff together and changed back into the workout pants I wore on the ride to work...in the process I misplaced my keys...panic ensued!! I searched my backpack, the washroom and one other room I stepped foot in...no keys. Ughh!! Panic sweats are setting in! After seaching everywhere three times...I found them...in my backpack where I looked but didn't see...PHEW!! Now...to ride home....

Riding home is a different experience. Yes, there is light...but there are CARS!! Love the bike lanes but not liking the road shoulders that are chewed up and storm drains are a different problem. Thank goodness I have a bike that can go off-road too...riding on the gravel wasn't much of a problem when it was necessary (and it was necessary at times). I had two chain malfunctions (my bike needs a tune-up) and there were a couple of hills that I opted to walk with my *jello legs* so it took longer than 30 minutes to get home....but I did get home before getting caught a a rainfall (I can hear it pouring outside right now) and headed straight for the shower.

I'm glad that I have a ride to work tomorrow. It means I get to sleep in another 45 minutes...and I have a feeling I will sleep well until I have to get up tomorrow! Zzzzzzzzzzzz.......

1 comment: