Tuesday, August 4, 2009

*Carless* Day 8

It was a ride my bike to work morning. I packed extra clothes in my backpack last night and went to bed at 7pm. I was asleep before 8...but that also meant waking up around 12:30. Ugh!! You know you're accustomed to 5 hours of sleep when.... I did get back to sleep but was awake before my alarm went off. I was out the door at 3:15 am and arrived at work at 3:45. Not wearing a windbreaker (because the weather was great today) helped A LOT. The backpack and helmet made it a sweaty ride nonetheless.

It was hot going home. 25C plus the humidity made it feel like 31C. Heat, sun and cars...what a difference from the dark lonely ride in the morning. I walked just one of the hills in the middle of the ride home (the only hill I walk in the morning is the one going up to the parking lot at work), I didn't have any chain mishaps and my legs didn't feel like *jell-o*....as much! Oh...and the best part is...I made it home in under 25 minutes!!

I sat outside in the shade for a bit when I got home. I put the bike away and walked down to the corner store to get a root beer popsicle (internal air-conditioning on a stick). I hit the couch when I returned and passed out for about an hour...I think I'll still be OK to get to sleep at a decent time tonight. Glad I have a drive tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment