Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chalk Around the Common

I'll admit it. There are time when I am extremely busy and then there are times when I'm busy doing nothing. Today...before I decided to finally update the blog...was an example of the latter. It's amazing how I can *twitter* away my time and with my work schedule, I have a lot of daylight hours to do things! I should volunteer somewhere. (and my place should be spotless...but it's not)

I haven't done anything with them yet but I have signed up to volunteer with Oxfam. I received an email today to let me know about Chalk Around The Common. I wanted to share the email but thought the easiest way would be to copy and paste it here....

> PLEASE COME Take a Chalk around the Common
> Who: YOU and other Friends of Halifax Common
>
> What: EVENT promoting 350.org, International Day of Climate Action
>
> When: Friday October 23, 12 noon- 2 p.m.
>
> Less than 1/3 of the Halifax Common's original 235 acres is public
> open space.
>
> The disappearance of our Halifax Common is a metaphor for the
> degradation of our global Common- MOST URGENTLY our atmosphere &
> climate.
>
> We need you to help us draw a chalk line around the sidewalk
> perimeter of the entire original Halifax Common to illustrate its
> original size.
>
> You can be imaginative and draw sheep & cows or cabbage & corn or
> words to encourage governments to act on climate change!
>
> Meeting points for getting chalk and directions are:
> 1. Robie & Cunard
> 2. Robie & Jubilee
> 3. Robie & University
> 4. South Park & South
> 5. South Park & Spring Garden
> 6. Bell Road by Bengal Lancers
> 7. North Park & Cogswell
>
> For information on the Friends of the Halifax Common and a map see:
> http://halifaxcommon.ca/
> For information & events on October 24th International Day of Climate

> Action see: www.350.org
> Sign the Kyotoplus petition: http://kyotoplus.ca to push the
> government on climate policy in Canada
> Join www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=148640510791
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment